Monday 26 October 2015

Our blue moon wedding

Photo by Charles Bourne
Aaron and I were married on July 31st. It was the best day of my life. I was surrounded by my closest friends and family and I got to marry my best friend.

 Photo by Pip Shepley 


Photos by Ariana Plont





 Photos by Charles Bourne 

 Photo by Pip Shepley



 Photos by Charles Bourne
 
Photo by Pip Shepley 


 Photos by Charles Bourne 

 Photo by Pip Shepley 

We have so many talented people in our lives and they all used their talents to make our wedding magical. My mom listened to all of my ideas and made them happen. Her and I crafted all of the invitations, save the dates, and garland while marathoning Gilmore Girls. My dad supported us through all the freak outs. My uncle, Pip, and our friend Charlie took incredible photos throughout the week. My aunt Martha made us the most beautiful marriage certificate. Our friend Aaron wrote the most beautiful ceremony and was our officiant. He helped keep me sane in the weeks leading up to the wedding. My aunt Kimmy found everything and everyone we needed, from wine barrels and flowers for the ceremony space, to all the wooden chairs and benches, the tables, and the servers. She organized boat rides earlier in the week for guests; she baked muffins and appetizers, found rentals for all our friends, and brought safety pins to the rehearsal dinner when my dress was falling apart. Our friends and my aunts and uncles made appetizers, we had family running errands all over the place picking up chairs and sound equipment. Aaron's parents made wine and sangria in addition to the cupcakes Aaron's mom made. My aunt and cousin made all of the bouquets and various family members mowed lawns and put up lights and decorations. Aaron's grandfather used his wood working skills to create birch cake stands and wooden s'more roasting sticks. We had friends making signs and labels and writing on chalkboards, organizing popcorn flavours and s'mores chocolate, and decorating port-o-potties. The venue itself was my aunt and uncle's house. They generously gave us use of their beautiful home and property, and worked hard all summer to make sure the place looked amazing. It was always a beautiful place, but they really went above and beyond. I don't know how we will ever thank everyone enough. If any of you are reading this, please know that we love you and appreciate everything you did for us. The wedding was perfect.


My mom and aunt found a bunch of old window frames last summer. Aaron's mom and I turned them into chalk boards. Alice and Megan spent the morning of the wedding writing on all the chalk boards and making signs to label the food. I think they turned out beautiful. We took two of the chalkboards with us to Pittsburgh, and one of them still has Megan's writing on it. I can't bring myself to erase it!


Photos by Charles Bourne

Our wedding was on the same night as a blue moon, which became our theme. We had a blue moon on the invites, on the wine glasses, in the garland, and on the wine bottles. While it looked really pretty, we didn't get to see the moon that night. Right before our ceremony, in typical Nova Scotia fashion, the fog rolled in. It was so thick that you couldn't see the ocean in the background. However, it was much better than heavy rain, which was what we woke up to.

 Photo by Pip Shepley
 

 Photos by Charles Bourne
 



 Photos by Pip Shepley 

Aaron and I walked down the aisle together, while Nova Scotia fiddle music played. The ceremony was short, but very meaningful for us. Our brothers stood with us and carried our rings. Aaron's mom read "The Elements of Love" and my aunt Martha read "[i carry your heart with me(i carry it in]".


 Photos by Charles Bourne



  Photos by Pip Shepley

I cried, and had to ask Officiant Aaron to repeat what I was supposed to say. That was a little embarrassing.  





 Photos by Charles Bourne
 

Photos by Pip Shepley
 
 Photos by Charles Bourne
I love that you can see Ethan cheering in this one. He's so cute!



Photos by Pip Shepley 

My mom dried out rose petals from her garden in New Mexico. In total, she had about 5 gallons. She had everyone throw them when we walked back down the aisle.


 Photos by Charles Bourne



Photos by Pip Shepley 

Photo by Charles Bourne

1 comment: